My 90 days are coming to an end and I am headed back to the States this weekend. I’m a bit sad as I really do love it here in Leysin, Switzerland. And here’s why…
1. My teammates- Thank you to everyone for pushing me hard in the swim, bike and run everyday. It’s been a great group this year and I’m already looking forward to the next camp whenever and wherever that will be!
2. The Boss and his van- You just never know when and where the boss will show up in his van. Whether he’s watching a workout, or driving 5 hours to watch you race…it’s always a surprise! It’s nice to have someone watch you and critique the good, bad and ugly day in and day out. And… I really want a van like this.
3. My daily walk to and from the pool- Everything is so convenient here that we can walk everywhere. Walk to the pool, grocery store, etc… Haven’t had to drive a car or sit in traffic for 3 months.
4. The spectacular views- Every morning when I get up and pull the shade open, I am always amazed at the beautiful mountain views.
5. Yeti Bar- Our cozy studio apartment above a restaurant/bar that I have lived in for 3 months.
6. Chocolate- So many kinds to choose from and I think I have tried them all!
7. The riding- Nice to just go out of our apartment and ride for miles without hitting any stop lights. Can’t get enough of the climbing here and has no doubt made me stronger.
8. The weather- Especially the temperature as I’m not looking forward to going back to the Texas heat…
9. The cows and their bells…just because.
10. How fresh and green everything is here- as our lawn at home resembles hay right now.