It’s not that I have a lot of time. I feel like it goes faster now than ever, and it usually involves a fair bit of working out. But, today, I had a rare…yes rare…day off from training. So, some randoms…
- Is anyone really surprised about the latest cycling drama? It happens about once a year seems like, sometimes more. We’ll see how this one shakes out.
- I’m continually amazed at how clueless people can be at times. Most recently I have noticed it when watching people cross the street. As soon as the little sign says walk, they walk with no apparent looking or anything to see if some car might be heading straight for them. I especially like it when they then take their time crossing the street when they start walking about the time the “don’t walk” sign shows.
- Start lists are nearly useless for pro races now. Three races on the same weekend and some athletes are listed on all three. I guess if it o.k., then it is o.k.
- Long course swimming can be tough. Even though we swim in a beautiful 50m x 25y pool at the University of Texas, it is rare that we get the 50m lanes for the whole workout. 5,400m of long course after nearly 2 months of all short course swimming is tough!
- I have not quite been able to stop drinking a little bit of coffee after getting 1-2 Nescafes on my rides in Thailand. Only now, it is usually after a workout that I grab a coffee…but only 3 per week. Yesterday I had a Rockstar Roasted Mocha on my long ride…I think it works.
Time flies when you are having fun. Thanks to TeamTBB, Cervelo, Token, Louis Garneau, B70, Avia, 3T, and some of our local sponsors for helping us out!! See you at the races, next up is 70.3 Mooseman in New Hampshire…never been to New Hampshire.