Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/tbbh/public_html/blogs.teamtbb.com/wp-includes/ms-load.php on line 113
Hospital feeling « Diana Riesler's Blog


Hospital feeling

Within seconds I was sent from a 30hours training week to a zero hours training week. The hardest time of all was the hospital stay: there were the pre-operation meetings on Monday for the operation on Tuesday. There I arrived early in the morning without eating anything – that was easy because I’m used to it. But then there were so many patients in front of me that I’ve to wait till the afternoon for the surgery. It last a few hours and the anesthesia was the hardest part of all: the nurses were running to change the painkiller infusion with the stomach smoothing infusions – it last the whole night – in the morning I was done. The doc told me that everything went fine, except that there was more broken than we’ve thought and that the training break will be longer than expected but I’ll be able to swim and bike and run again. A few hours later they made some radiograms and everybody was shocked: a screw was broken and moved away from its original place! The world broke down around me: that means I’ve to do this fucking anesthesia again! I was scared of the feeling afterwards but they promised me that they put something in my cocktail where I won’t have this problems. The next early morning I was the 1st person in the operation halls and this time everything went well: the radiogram was perfect, I didn’t feel like vomiting and could get up straight after the operation. I was happy. The day after my friend, my Mum and my nephew were visiting me and they were hungry – I felt fine and we left the hospital for a small snack. I still wore my nightdress and they chose a restaurant where at the entrance a very famous German TV chef let us in and excused himself that they don’t have enough staff. It was a very classy restaurant and I felt like Cinderella in my clothes which didn’t suited at all!!! I wanted to be back in my bed but now we had to wait for the food… and it was delicious!

One day later I was allowed to leave the hospital and I was the happiest person you can imagine. Back home the recovery goes much quicker and my Mum helped me with the household. Still 4 weeks in front of me where I’m not allowed to move my arm higher than my shoulder and sometimes I’d love to put my arms in the air and jump around – no chance at all but the thought of doing it again is wonderful! Now I can only train 1 arm but studies showed that the nerves of the other arm know what’s going on and that they strengthen at the same time. We’ll see;-)

That are all news from the invalid station south of Munich… normally after such a break one is much stronger than beforehand – that’s the straw I catch and which helped me to get over this time with a lot of reading. Unfortunately it’s my left arm and so I’m not able to draw or do any other writing things:-(

Best wishes and always cheer up!!! Yours Diana

PS: Before I went to hospital I wished to make a very long walk through the mountains: 6 hours of one of the most beautiful landscapes I’ve ever seen! I loved it:-)

Please leave your comments on the forum.