I remember where I was at the end of December of 2010 and the difference at the end of 2011 was remarkable. From a low point in my professional triathlon career at the end of 2010, I have been very happy with the adventures and lessons of 2011 from triathlon to my growth outside the sport. The journey is long and far from over, but I am happy with the path I have choosen and the teammates and guide that I have to lead me down that road.
Here are just a few of the changees over the past year…
1. Most importantly, I am married. Now that I am a wife to Eric and a mother to Mr. Fur. It is exciting and fun but also an important step in my life after triathlon.
2. Last year, I had no sponsors or team. I was dumped by everyone after my 2010 season. This year, I have the support of an amazing team in teamTBB that took a chance on me last year. And I hope that I can help the team this year.
3. With the help of Doc, I have turned around my triathlon career rebounding in 2011 from my discouraging results in 2010. In addition, I am slowly learning from him and am excited to learn more and soak it all in this year.
4. I have been able to swim, ride, and run in the best clothing and with the best equipment thanks to our amazing sponsors Cervelo, Campagnolo, 3T, and 2XU.
5. I am a year older. Which doesn’t mean much except the old body is just getting a bit more creeky in the morning.
6. I made a resolution for the first time in forever. I resolve to treat every day as a special gift and put 100% into whatever I am doing whether it is resting or training, relaxing or suffering. I want to soak up every minute of 2012 and make the most of the opportunities I have.
Well that is all I can think of to list, but I must say I was a bit sad to see 2011 go. It was a great year, but I know there is more to come. Here’s to a great 2012 for everyone but especially my teamTBB teammates, our amazing sponsors, and our great support team of Doc, Alex, and the Bike Boutique. Thanks so much!