I had a great weekend with an great race in Roth. I was very nervous before the race. It was a big race and also in my home country.
I had a very good swim and I came out with the first group. It build up a big bike group and it was very busy. After 30k this group this group got splited and I found me in the second group. I am not sure it was the right group for me or I had more in the pocket. With good legs and a gab of 10 minutes to the next group I started run fast. Hop or Top I would say in german. I got closer to the 7th position. After 35k I saw the next guy but I wasn’t able to overtake. The last 5k was like hell. At least with my 9th place I got a top ten place in an top pro field.
Congratulations to James and Stephen, great race.
1. James Cunnama (RSA) 7:59:59
2. Timo Bracht (GER) 8:03:28
3. Mike Aigroz (SUI) 8:08:01
4. Cameron Brown (NZL) 8:10:05
5. Stephen Bayliss (GBR) 8:13:01
6. Konstantin Bachor (GER) 8:13:36
7. Dorian Wagner (GER) 8:19:47
8. Georg Potrebitsch (GER) 8:21:39
9. Per Bittner (GER) 8:22:51
10. Roeland Smits (NED) 8:32:10