What did I said….. time to race hard again. I had a great weekend in 70.3 Berlin with an amazing race. The swim was not my best but I managed a gap of 1:30min to the leaders. After the swim it was time to show what I and my P5 cervélo can ride. From the beginning I pushed the pace really hard. The gap getting smaller and I catched the group in front of me after 30k. Now I was 2nd and Micha Raelert with a 4min lead in front. I pushed alone the pace and the guys behind me got dropped. I now there are a few fast runners behind me so I pushed even harder. Just Micha Göhner catched me by 85k. With a 2:07h and the third fastest bike split I am very happy. Now the battle for 2nd and 3rd starts between Göhner and me. After an taff ride it was hard to find your running legs. Göhner and me went the first 15k together with a few attacks. After 17k I got no more energy to hold the pace and I got dropped. I am very happy with my podium in 70.3 Berlin. More important for me is my strong bike part.
Pictures by Ingo Kutsche
Cheers for all the support at home and in Berlin.
1. Michael Raelert (GER) 3:46:56
2. Michael Göhner (GER) 3:51:30
3. Per Bittner (GER) 3:52:14
4. Christian Prochnow (GER) 3:55:47
5. Dorian Wagner (GER) 3:55:55
6. Christian Ritter (GER) 3:57:46
7. Anton Blokhin (UKR) 4:00:58
8. James Third (GBR) 4:01:27
9. George Bjälkemo (SWE) 4:02:34
10. Antony Costes (FRA) 4:03:51