Time flies it seems, and so do I, although sometimes with more delays, and missed flights then I would like.
After Embrun I returned back to Leysin, and things unfolded something like this
1) DId some training, and a lot of recovering.
2) My sister came to visit- along with 2 friends, and a cute but smelly dog. It was a cozy weekend in the apartment, the sofa bed, and futon finally got used.
3) We checked out the Fairy Festival in Leysin. Who knew a quiet, little village in the Swiss mountains harbored so many party animals. I was a good little athlete and was in bed by midnight, my sis was a good little party girl and made it back by 5 am.
4) Tried out cheese fondue, at a restaurant this time. It went much better than when we tried to make fondue ourselves last year. I must admit though, I am still not a huge fan of it. Chocolate fondue on the other hand is pretty much a winner every time.
5) Then it was time for trains ( 4 hour train ride to Zurich) Planes ( Zurich to Toronto, 3 hour delay in Toronto, then flight to Vancouver). Hotels ( 5 hours in hotel in Vancouver after missed connection), More planes ( Vancouver to Penticton), automobiles- taxi ride to hotel. Whew, I lost a couple of days in there somewhere.
Now I am in Pentitcon, for IM Canada. Lots of good vibes, and good memories, as last year I had a great, and smooth race here and finished first. My mom, and brother and Chris are all here as well, which almost completes a perfect weekend. Finishing the race tomorrow, hopefully with a smile should complete it. I was a bit nervous, returning to an ironman as previous winner, for the first time. Even a bigger surprise was that I got the race number 1, which usually goes the top male athlete, and the women get the higher numbers. I was surprised that this year it is the ladies with the low numbers. It made me even more nervous till my brother helped me out, it’s not #1, which might be pressure to live up to ( I have never had a single digit number at an ironman), but instead it is 01, no pressure.